Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Gorgeous Spring Friendship Card

Hello there...me again. I received a few suggestions to post some standard flat cards for you all. In the spirit of the beautiful Florida spring, I wanted to share this beautiful 5.5 x 5.5 inch square card with you, which celebrates friendship. This is the perfect card for a special friend who loves to garden and loves to bird watch.

The image was hand stamped and hand colored using Copic Colored Markers. I used different stamps from the Heartfelt Creations beautiful collection of stamps and dies from their Ariana Blooms collection and from their Birds and Blooms collection, which is my all time favorite Heartfelt Creations collection due to the versatility of the tiny little blooms. The collection has awesome little branches that can be added for a special touch to many card projects.... and did I mention the cute little birds? You can find these little birds as accents in many of my cards. Just a little shading is all they take. The bird nest house was colored in using Copics. I really tried to get a woody weathered look by layering three different earth tones and by shading the roof lines.

Enjoy this flat card. I enjoy making flat cards, but even those usually don't turn out flat 😉 Usually they get some three dimensional accents,?since the little blooms were hand shaped to create some additional depth. This is a very simple card but just beautiful. If you are interested in looking at some additional pictures for this card, please go to My Etsy Shop




Spring is almost here, get your bright pastels out and create something gorgeous today! 
Until soon, Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment